Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am writing this on Thursday July 1, earlier than usual.  I had been trying to make arrangements to go to Petra.  It all finally fell into place last night.  Sometimes the most simplest things here become really complicated.  So right now, I'm getting ready to drive south to the very tip of Israel. The city is Eilat. Then on Friday, a professor from St. Joseph College, Maine and I will go to Petra. It's the city that is carved out of rock. If you remember the first Raiders of the Lost Ark, it's in the opening scene going through a canyon and coming upon this preserved ruins. It was lost until the mid 1800's. It now one of the Seven Wonders of the New World. Then on Saturday, we go to the Red Sea. And on Sunday we come back to Jerusalem. So it should be a great few days. I'm not sure if I will have internet service, so it might be a few days before I post again.