Tuesday, July 13, 2010

As I was working on my Scripture Study Program this morning, I discovered that I didn't have enough pictures of the Garden of Gethsemane.  The Church is closed from 12:30 - 2:30.  So I would get ready in the early afternoon and take a bus to the Church.  Since there is no bus schedule.  I got on the internet and found out the route to take.  The one with the most buses is right in front of the apartment. One change, no problem.  So I got on Bus #19 & went 8 stops like it said and got off. There was Bus Stop #1.  So  I got on Bus #1.  Wrong.  It went in the other direction.  It went through the Ultra Orthodox Jewish section and ended up at the Central Bus Station.  So I looked all around and found Bus #1 going the other way back to the Old City.  All this travel for 6.2 sheckels or $1.30.  Got off at the right stop & walked two blocks to the Church.  It was empty.  I had the Church of The Agony all to myself.  So I took a bunch of pictures, said my prayers and started walking around a little bit and then a huge tour group came in.  So I left.  Walked the Way of the Cross and came back and started working on the program.  The pictures are of the rock of the agony or where Jesus prayed that this cup would pass Him by. And second one is of the Olive Trees in the Garden.  Some could be off shoots of the ones from the time of Christ